What we do
The CSSBI provides financial support to Christian current and former teachers, (including lecturers and teachers in training), and thus also supports their families, at times of real hardship.
The Objects of the Charity
‘The objects for which the company is established are to provide for necessitous present or former teachers/lecturers and those in teacher training who are members of the Church of England or of another recognised Christian denomination by giving financial assistance in times of affliction, disablement or other misfortune, and on their demise to provide for their financial dependants, such financial assistance to include (but not be limited to) assistance towards the cost of subsistence and education in each case anywhere within England and Wales’.
Thank you so much CSSBI for your help. I cannot stress enough how you have changed my life situation when I was about to give up. I am truly blessed to do the teaching job I do and you have helped me fulfil my dreams.
- Home repairs or adaptations and essential alterations
- Purchase of essential household equipment, clothing or food
- Utility or Council Tax arrears, relocation or child care costs caused by unemployment, ill health, sudden change of circumstances, bereavement or personal injury
- Travel costs in connection with study / retraining / hospital visits
- Mobility equipment
- Short term shortfall in Care Home Fees and Respite Care